Project "Dream, Believe, Achieve"
Call for proposal 2017 Execution: 2018-2019
The project is the result of the collaboration between 4 youth organizations from Armenia, Georgia, Italy and Spain. The aim is helping new or aspiring entrepreneurs to acquire relevant skills and learn from experienced entrepreneurs to manage a small or medium-sized enterprise by spending time in an enterprise in another Participating Country. It contributes to improving know-how of the participants and facilitates cross-border exchanges of experience, learning and networking for new entrepreneurs. The participants of the Project are young people from Armenia, Georgia, Italy and Spain, who have an interesting business idea, mainly in the tourism sector, however lack necessary technical and entrepreneurial skills to bring their ideas to life.
The main goal of the project is to support the development of youth entrepreneurship among unemployed or low level employed youth from partnering countries Armenia, Georgia, Spain and Italy. The specific objectives of the program are: training for new entrepreneurs in small and medium sized enterprises elsewhere in the EU and other participating countries in order to facilitate a successful start and development of their business ideas; exchanges of experience and information between entrepreneurs on obstacles and challenges to starting up and developing their businesses; enforcement of the market access and identification of potential partners for new and established businesses in other Participant countries; network building on knowledge and experience from other participant countries.
The project encompasses four phases. The first phase was a Youth Entrepreneurship Conference, which served as a launch of the “Dream, Believe, Achieve” project bringing together all the interested stakeholders and serving as a platform for exchange of success stories, good practices and knowledge from the experience of participating guests – entrepreneurship experts and businessmen. The following two stages of the project were a Youth Entrepreneurship Training Course and a workshop, that have built the skills of participants to assess the viability of their business ideas, develop actionable business plans and establish a network for future cooperation. The last phase of the Project is a Conference, where achievements of the participants and the Project has been summarized. Moreover, it has been drafted a Guide with two objectives, first to disseminate the achievements of the young people who took part in the Project and to guide future entrepreneurs while moving their business ideas from just a dream to a tangible achievement.
Each participating country has developed different results.
In the case of Armenia, there have been elaborated three main projects:
1) The reconstruction of a couple of caves near Goris city of Armenia to serve as guest houses, which as soon as the financial investment would have been available, 7 months would take to prepare them for hosting tourists.
2) The design of a New Mobile Application GuideMe. It is a travelling app, which main function is to make one’s trip as easy as possible based on customer’s interests. GuideMe would help users to feel at home anywhere, as it would help one to visit places where they can find people with similar interests. The app is best suitable for people of 15 and more years old who live in Armenia and/or are traveling here. Comparative advantage of GuideMe is that it includes various functions in one place, such as using maps, making reservations, ordering taxi and reading reviews and information about the places they plan to visit. Moreover, when booking a visit through the app one would be able to get a discount. The app would be free, but it would also have premium membership for customers who would pay some symbolic money every month and get discounts/special offers while using the app.
3) The fabrication of a board game. BrightEng helps people to learn English and improves their language kills in a friendly atmosphere. The game is a deck of cards, each containing six English words. The game is played with 4 and more people divided in teams. The players take a card and within 1 minute try to explain to their teammates all the words mentioned on the card. Teammates should guess and translate the word into English. The faster they manage to explain all the words, the higher scores they get. BrightEng can be used by people of all nationalities who are keen on learning English. The game would be available in different difficulty levels corresponding to players having language proficiency from B1 to C2. One of the ways to advertise this product would be through donations to kindergartens, schools and places of entertainments for young people.
In the case of Spain, there have been elaborated three main projects:
1) Paragliding fliers’ reservation centre is a single offer reservation centre for in Algodonales, Cádiz. The centre offers legally registered accommodations with optimal and competitive prices and a quality service. The reservation centre helps travellers to eliminate accommodations, which do not provide minimum services, such as heating or air conditioning, insurance, or personalized attention. Taking into account that paragliding becomes more and more popular, the tourism sector generates a lot of income for the municipality, however, the quality of provided services is decreasing. The reservation centre facilitates cooperation of bar, restaurant and accommodation entrepreneurs with the townhall. This ensures the improvement of infrastructures and services offered in relation to paragliding, including the ones related to free flight practice, improvement of take-off and landing runways, transportation of paragliding fliers to take-offs in authorized vehicles, dissemination of up to the minute weather forecast (wind, temperature, etc ...), etc. Target group for Paragliding fliers’ reservation centre are paragliding fliers coming to Cadiz.
2) The design of a digital platform for digital nomads offering them the ways to cooperate and exchange experience and work practices to those who would like to become a digital nomad. Target group for Wanlu include digital nomads, entrepreneurs, enterprises, traditional workers and millennials. This a new concept in this sector and there are no competitors so far.
3) The building of an online ecosystem of sustainable tourism ETÉREO, with the aim to change the way we travel and promote a kind of tourism that respects nature, economy and local communities. At ETÉREO people can book stays in bio-ecological hotels, tree houses, Bed & Breakfasts, organic farms, glamping or green apartments. The website shows to travellers all the eco-friendly accommodations available in a given location giving them an easy way to travel more sustainably. ETÉREO provides specifications of the activities that each accommodation does, as well as providing.
In the case of Italy, there have been elaborated two main projects:
1) L’anello Magico is a bed & breakfast in the countryside, close to Parma, in the middle of the Italian “food valley”, where families can spend relaxing weekends creating beautiful memories with their kids. L’anello Magico has a thematic inspiration and its design is aimed to create a place where magic is possible. Every room has an inspiration and a (science) target: for instance the kitchen is a “potion laboratory”, where every chemical reaction is possible.
In order to promote and increase scientific interests among kids, we have designed a house full of magical and scientific games, board games, activities, inspirational books and quotes. Target customers of this B&B are families with kids, bobos, young adults, book and science lovers, Harry Potter fandoms from Europe. The uniqueness of L’anello Magico is that every detail in every room is designed to give a 100% magical experience, where in addition to the general atmosphere there is unforeseen magic, waiting to be found. Another distinctive characteristic of this B&B is that it is based on principles of sustainability.
2) The building of a hosting network “Think global, Travel local” with local families, craftsmen, farmers, etc. with the purpose to connect travellers with local communities and environment through human and cultural relations. We want to promote a sustainable and inspirational way of traveling that aims to deepen knowledge of places and facilitate self-improvement through experiences. The value that the members of the network will get are improved human relations and ethical values, opportunity to experience mindful travel destinations and experiences, as well as self-improvement.
In the case of Georgia, there have been elaborated three main projects:
1) The design of the start-up Healthy Business - Go Stevia, focused on production of new healthy product containing stevia for daily use. This product would be useful for people with/without health problems. The project would contribute to the creation of new workplaces in Georgia. In the initial stage of the project the main customers would be people with diabetes and green businesses. The competitive advantage of Go Stevia in Georgia is that stevia is a natural, zero-calorie product, which is a complement to other natural sweeteners, has a low cost of production and has no direct competitors in Georgia.
2) Paradise Georgia Tours is a tour Agency offering different kind of tours as well as activities to foreign tourists throughout Georgia. The target group of Paradise Georgia Tours are foreign tourists who travel to Georgia to discover it with all its wonders. The last survey showed that, Georgia ranks second among the fastest growing touristic countries in Europe. There are many tour agencies in Georgia, therefore competition is on a very high level. The advantage of Paradise Georgia Tours is the variety of offered services such as individual and group tours to different sightseeing places in Georgia, organization of fishing, hunting, driving tours, as well as discovery tours intended to uncover less known or hidden sightseeing places and experiences throughout Georgia.
3) Artmosphere allows you to order a t-shirt with any design and painting, including the ones
designed by yourself. It goes without saying, that mostly teenagers are fond of the things like that, everyone likes to be dressed according to their taste. The distinctive feature of clothing by Artmosphere is its uniqueness, as every t-shirt is an inspiration of different people. High quality, possibility of integration of art on tshirts are another important characteristics of Artmosphere.
3. ENTREPRENEURSHIP GUIDE
4. MEDIA REPORT OF THE CONFERENCE
5. TC YOUTH ENTREPRENEURSHIP MEDIA REPORT
6. MEDIA REPORT FINAL CONFERENCE
The project "Dream, Believe, Achieve" reflects one of the founding values of AIDEJOVEN, which is to promote youth development. Giving young entrepreneurs the possibility to acquire the necessary tools to make their projects a reality generates a strong impact on youth. Young people's self-esteem is consolidated. It is important to underline the international value of the project since AIDEJOVEN supports the implementation of projects and programs of cooperation for development and co-development between different countries.